• age: 72
• volunteer in company sport
• vice-president German company sport federation and president BSV Hamburg (company sport federation Hamburg)
• sports background: sailing, tennis, running, bowling
• intellectual background: business economist DVA (German Insurance Academy)
• favourite sport: sailing
• in company sport since 1970
• first contact with company sport in 1962 as a youngster in a company sport community
• hobbies: gardening, own wine production
2. Any specific realizations / achievements:
Development and implementation of a concept “Company sport as an element of health promotion in the professional setting” that forms the basis for the national cooperation between the German company sport federation and the DAK-Health (Deutsche Angestellten Krankenkasse – German Workers Health Insurance Fund). Organization of supporting congresses since 2011 (first congress in the context of the ECSG 2011 in Hamburg) until 2016.
3. What do you expect from your engagement in the EFCS committee?
The development of common ideas in order to further develop company sport with the focus on the health aspect.
4. What do you want to achieve in EFCS?
Transmission of the concept “Company sport as an element of health promotion in the professional setting” to other EFCS members.
5. Are there specific aspects in EFCS you are interested in and that you want to see being developed?
See points 2 to 4.
6. Have you specific thoughts/suggestions/Ideas about company sport?
The “Hamburgiade” as an event model in view of company sport promotion (www.hamburgiade.de)
7. Is there something else you want to tell about yourself we absolutely ought to know?
I am part of the management of BSV Hamburg since 2008 of which I became president in 2012. In this capacity
and for more than 10 years, having worked intensively on the theme “company sport as an element of health promotion in the professional setting”, I have become a recognized expert.