· age: 64
· volunteer in company sport: since 1979. I am President of the Sports Association of Gandia AFES companies and President of the Valencian Federation ATEVA. I am also an active member of the Spanish federation of company sport CODA
· professional in company sport: no, although I dedicate a large part of my life to it. In my professional life I am working in the private security sector
· sports background: I have always been an amateur athlete in basketball, soccer, tennis, padel, in that order. I have been President of C.F. Gandia Professional in the Spanish Second Football Category B
· intellectual background: First Grade Superior Academy
· favourite sport: I like all sports, I am quite passionate about sports in general, but I admit that soccer tops the bill
· in company sport: I have been linked to company sports since 1979, and since 1987, I am founding partner and President of the Gandia Business Sports Association « AFES »
· first contact with company sport: my brothers were engaged in company sports (they were better footballers than me ) The competitions were not regulated, even a bit disastrous with little order and seriousness. That is why, with other colleagues, we decided to create a more serious Sports Association in Gandia.
· hobbies: apart from my dedication to corporate sports (it is my favourite hobby), on weekends, I like to walk in the mountains with my wife and my dog. I am also passionate about reading and cinema.
2. Any specific realizations / achievements:
In my professional life I have been successful with my Security company, having in 2008 more than 150 employees. I have been President for 8 years of the Association of Private Security Entrepreneurs
of the Valencian Community, and an active member of the Federation of Security Companies of Spain, with several diplomas and a silver medal.
In the sports field of Empresas de Gandia I received many recognitions, with many awards for the constant dedication to improve corporate sports in my city. We have organized two Spanish corporate sports championships in Gandia and one European soccer championship. Each year, we also organize activities during the “EUROPEAN WEEK OF SPORTS”. We have also participated a few times in the MEHOZIADA in Eilat, Israel, becoming one year Champions.
3. At the beginning, what did you expect from your engagement in the EFCS committee?
I am happy and honored to be able to bring a bit of my experience to such an important federation. But at the same time, I regret the lack of adequate knowledge of the English language because this prevents me to develop my full potential. But I keep studying English to improve my relationships.
4. What do you want to achieve in EFCS in the future?
I would like to be able to collaborate in improving EFCS communication with ALL ATHLETES from different countries.
5. Are there specific aspects in EFCS you are interested in and that you want to see being developed?
There are countries who, due to their culture and development in corporate sports, have very advanced relations with the different governments. But there are others (such as Spain) who are still a long way from achieving it, and perhaps here EFCS should help more strongly in the different ministries of those countries.
6. Have you specific thoughts/suggestions/ideas about company sport?
Thanks to company sport, the health of the inhabitants of a country is well maintained. Without these well-regulated sports people would become sedentary. We must continue to support and help so that this non-professional sport sector continues to have more followers every day.
7. Is there something else you want to tell about yourself we absolutely ought to know?
I am married with one son born in 1983. In 2021, I have celebrated my ruby wedding anniversary (40 years). And in corporate sports in Gandia, we are very pleased that our association is owner of its Local Social, where our headquarters are situated. A fact achieved by investing enormous efforts during 20 years, to ensure that our future generations have a legacy to help them survive and improve.