1. ID Peder Bisgaard
• first contact with company sport:
• volunteer or professional in company sport:
-volunteer (chairman) in the local company sports association in Hillerod
-fully paid democratically elected president for the Danish Federation for Company Sport
• sports background:
football, handball, rowing
• intellectual background:
medium education: first in sales and trade – then as a police officer
• favorite sport:
football, football and football – and then all kinds of sports ….. even curling!
cycling (including indoor cycling), sailing, skiing/snowboarding and golf
2. Specific realizations/achievements throughout your professional and company sports career?
– Received the Knight´s Cross of the Order of the Dannebrog in 2011 by Her Majesty Queen Margret the II
– Police officer for 23 years
– Previously active as a football player (division level)
– Member of the City Council in Hillerod – 8 years as Chairman for “Culture & Sport”
– Member of several ministerial committees hence close relations with the Danish Government and members of the European Parliament
– Member of the National Board for “The Danish Federation for Company Sports” since 1991
– President of “The Danish Federation for Company Sports” (full-time) since 2001
– Member of EFCS Executive Committee since 2003
– Vice president of EFCS since 2014
3. What was your ambition when you became an EXCO member?
– To make EFCS a more significant player in the European landscape, aiming at making national Company Sports Organizations / Sport for All organizations the preferred partner when it comes to sport, exercise and health in relation to work
4. What do you want to achieve in EFCS in the coming years?
– To continue making EFCS a more significant player in the European landscape
– To help adjust, develop and implement health and exercise campaigns
– To ensure that EFCS in the future still has a healthy financial situation that will help EFCS to provide attractive offers to its many member countries
– An even closer link/contact with the EU
5. Have you specific thoughts/suggestions/ideas about company sport in general?
– I am concerned about how we can secure the necessary volunteers in the local associations. However, this is unfortunately / fortunately not only a challenge for company sports but for the sport in general.
6. Are there specific aspects in EFCS you are interested in and that you want to see being developed?
– My big wish is that EFCS could « invent » an activity/a campaign that could be implemented throughout Europe so that EFCS is not only known for ECSG (Company Games); for example a European « Workplace Exercise Day » (or week?), that could easily be part of the EU project European Week of Sport.
7. Is there something else you want to tell about yourself we absolutely ought to know?
I have been a volunteer in different sports, scouts and social associations for more than 52 years!
A little ‘funny’ story: In my time as President of the Danish Federation for Company Sport, I have ‘survived’
– 3 general secretaries
– 6 prime ministers
– 10 culture ministers.