Run4Div, led by the French Federation for Company Sport, is based on a national pilot experiment carried out since 2014. The FFSE is supported by a consortium bringing together national company sport federations as well as EU and national organisations. These organisations are are benchmarked in terms of diversity and social inclusion. The FFSE also works along with a university particularly involved in the topics of social inclusion, sport and innovation. Through R4D, the FFSE will contribute to EU Commission priorities:
- promote social inclusion and cohesion
- fight against the ever-increasing sedentary lifestyle in the company as a place and moment to practice
- take care of environmental changes
- commit to the post-Covid 19 world by proposing sports activities adapted to the changes in the workplace (e.g hybridisation of work).
By extending the original French project to a European level and adding a dimension of reflection, education and pedagogy, the FFSE wishes to contribute to the promotion and activation of physical practice in companies while pushing for and embodying the themes of diversity (gender, intergenerational, disability …) within professional settings.
R4D will carry out:
- Material that underlines good practices and that provides literature reviews on sport, diversity and workplaces topics, a quantitative survey and in-depth interviews for companies to find out the main obstacles and levers…
- Mainstream events including 2 conferences to promote R4D messages and expansion
- In-person and virtual races with several thousand participants to offer a tangible example of what is diversity in the workplace through the sporting prism
- Concrete programmes and solutions to embody diversity through corporate physical activity.
R4D’s expectations are to create a sustainable circuit of Diversity Races in Europe, offer to companies durable programs and activities around diversity and sport and engage more and more companies and employees in a sustainable company sport programs.